Saturday in the Park is a series of demonstrations and presentations related to Native Americans, archaeology, natural history, sustainable gardening and more!
Many of the topics directly relate to the recently renovated exhibits in the Jones Archaeological Museum or the archaeology, flora and fauna of the park.
We are excited to have the beloved artist Betsy Irwin return to the park! Betsy will be hosting a workshop on gourd art while demonstrating her gourd art. She creates beautiful art using gourds including rattles and even teeny tiny gourd earrings.
Most programs, which run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., have a hands-on activity for children.
All programs except for the Gourd workshop are free with paid park admission.
- Adults – $8
- Seniors (55-years-old and older) – $7
- Students – $6
- Under 5 – Free
- Moundville Residents – Free
- Native American visitors – Free with tribal membership card
- UA Museums members – Free with museum membership
The programs take place in front of or inside the Jones Archaeological Museum.
Moundville is located 13 miles south of Tuscaloosa, off Alabama Highway 69.
634 Mound State Parkway
Moundville, AL 35474-6413
Upcoming Saturday in the Park Events
- May 29, 2021 Birding Tour with Dwight Lammon
- June 5, 2021 Native Pottery Firing with Tammy Beane
- June 12, 2021 Gourd Workshop with Betsy Irwin
- June 19, 2021 Choctaw Craft with Juanita Gardinski
- June 26, 2021 Tools and Weapons with Bill Skinner
- July 10: Hoop Dancing with Lyndon Alec
- July 10: Drumming Southern Pine Drummer
- July 10: Mystic Wind Choctaw Dancers
- July 17: Native American Plants and Garden Tour with Rosa Hall
- July 31: Archaeology and Artifact Identification
- August 7: Flute and Whistle Making with Charlie Mato-Toyela
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com