The Moundville Archaeological Park complex features a campground with a recently renovated bathhouse and 34 campsites, including
- 5 sites with electric, water, and sewer hookups
- 24 sites with electric and water hookup
- 5 primitive sites with no utility hook up
The campground and bathhouse are open! We are permitting RV and tent camping.
The bathhouse will close every year from December 1st to March 1st. Additionally, we also do not allow camping on the holidays that the Park is closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day, New Year’s Eve/Day, Easter (6 days). The buildings and grounds are closed on those days.
Please note that we do not take reservations for the campground.
Campsites are available for a nightly fee. All camping fees are in addition to regular park admission for one day.
- Sites with utility hookups – $25 per night
- Primitive camping sites – $15 per night
One camping unit and/or up to two tents are allowed per site. A maximum of 14 days of camping per month is allowed.
Electrical adapters are available at the Orientation/Admissions building with a $50.00 refundable deposit.
Where to Pay
All payments and camping registration is being done at the Jones Archaeological Museum. Note: Masks are required to enter the building.
- Bathhouse access: The campground bathhouse is closed annually from December 1st through March 1st of the following year. Only RV camping is allowed at this time.
- Check-out time: Check out is 2:00 p.m. daily
- Security: The Park closes at dusk and gates are locked nightly.
- Pets: Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash at all times. A fenced in pet play area is located at the campground entrance.
- Noise: Quiet time is from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Campfire restrictions: Fires are allowed in fire rings only and must not be left unattended.