The Moundville Archaeological Park complex features a campground with a recently renovated bathhouse and 34 campsites, including
- 5 sites with electric, water, and sewer hookups
- 24 sites with electric and water hookup
- 5 primitive sites with no utility hook up
Campsites are available for a nightly fee. All camping fees are in addition to regular park admission for one day.
- Sites with utility hookups – $20 per night
- Primitive camping sites – $10 per night
One camping unit and/or up to two tents are allowed per site. A maximum of 14 days of camping per month is allowed.
Electrical adapters are available at the Orientation/Admissions building with a $50.00 refundable deposit.
Where to Pay
All payments and camping registration is being done at the Jones Archaeological Museum. Note: Masks are required to enter the building.
- Bathhouse access: The campground bathhouse is closed annually from December 1st through March 1st of the following year. Only RV camping is allowed at this time.
- Check-out time: Check out is 2:00 p.m. daily
- Security: The Park closes at dusk and gates are locked nightly.
- Pets: Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash at all times. A fenced in pet play area is located at the campground entrance.
- Noise: Quiet time is from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Campfire restrictions: Fires are allowed in fire rings only and must not be left unattended.