Nestled along the banks of the Black Warrior River, Moundville Archaeological Park hosts its annual Birdfest on April 29, 2023. As a member of the West Alabama Birding Trail, Moundville Archaeological Park is hosting a bird walk with one of the park’s volunteers, Dwight Lammon, at 9 am until 1 pm.
- Cost: Tours are included with Park Admission
- Adults – $8
- Seniors – $7
- Students – $6
- Under 5 – Free
- Native American visitors – Free with tribal membership card
- UA Museums members – Free with museum membership
Moundville Archaeological Park is located at 634 Mound State Parkway, Moundville, AL 35474-6413.
When You Arrive
Check in with the Admissions Building (the first building you get to when entering Moundville Archaeological Park) to get instructions on where to go for your Birding Tour.
Crafts and Activities
- Gourd Birdhouse Activity Instructions
- Birdhouse Instructions
- Pine cone Bird Feeder Instructions
- Make a Birdhouse with Moundville Archaeological Park Maintenance Staff
Bald Eagle Puppet Activity
Please be on the lookout for these birds around the park!
Alabama Audubon’s How to Start Birding Guide
Alabama Birding Trails’ Teacher Resource Guide (great for any beginner, not just students!)
Resources for Educators