Saturday in the Park: Hoop Dancing and Native Drums
July 9 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Saturday in the Park is a series of demonstrations and presentations related to Native Americans, archaeology, natural history, sustainable gardening and more!
Most programs, which run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., have a hands-on activity for children.
All programs are free with paid park admission.
- Adults – $8
- Seniors (55-years-old and older) – $7
- Students – $6
- Under 5 – Free
- Moundville Residents – Free
- Native American visitors – Free with tribal membership card
- UA Museums members – Free with museum membership
The programs take place in front of or inside the Jones Archaeological Museum.
Moundville is located 13 miles south of Tuscaloosa, off Alabama Highway 69 and the physical address is 634 Mound State Parkway, Moundville, AL 35474-6413.
Upcoming Saturday in the Park Events
- May 28, 2022 – Tammy Beane – Pottery Firing
- June 11, 2022 – Catherine Sloan – Beadwork and Textiles
- June 25, 2022 – Rosa Hall – Native foods and Gardening
- July 9, 2022 – Lyndon Alec and Dan Isaac with the Southern Pine Drummers – Hoop Dancing and Native Drums
- July 23, 2022 – Bill Skinner – Ancient Tools and Weapon
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com